Brewarrina Shire Council determines the yearly meeting schedule at the September Council meeting each year.
Addressing Council in a public forum
Members of the public shall have the opportunity to address the Council on any local government issue at the commencement of the Council meeting. The following procedures shall apply in relation to the Public Forum:
- Persons interested in addressing Council are to make a formal request
- Each presentation shall be limited to three (3) minutes, and the Council may resolve to extend the presentation by one further three (3) minutes if considered appropriate.
- Should there be more than one person wishing to address Council on an issue, then those persons are to nominate one person to represent the group.
- The Chairperson may ask staff to comment on an issue, or if investigation is required, a report to a subsequent meeting may be required.
- No motions or resolutions are moved during open forum time.
- Questions are directed to the Chairperson who only shall respond, however, staff may be requested by the Chairperson to respond on his/her behalf.
- Written material submitted during the open forum session is to be tabled only and used for subsequent report if necessary.
- Any person making use of Open Forum is required to observe the same standards required of a Councillor. Specifically he or she must:
- obey the directions of the Chairperson;
- not use any behaviour or language inconsistent with good order and decorum;
- not make personal reflections or impute improper motives to Councillors or staff.