Consultation is required to be undertaken in the following circumstances:
- When changes that may affect the health, safety or welfare are proposed to the premises where person work, systems or methods of work, plant used for work or substances used for work.
- When risks to health and safety arising from work are assessed or when the assessment of those risks is reviewed
- When decisions are made about the measures to be taken to eliminate or control risks
- When introducing or altering the procedures for monitoring risks
- When decisions are made about the adequacy of facilities for the welfare of employees