Section 355 Committee
Under the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW), Council is able to delegate some of its functions to a committee of Council. This delegation is used to appoint community people to manage Council facilities and services through a Section 355 Committee of Management.
A function of a council may be exercised:
- By the council by means of the councillors or employees, by its agents or contractors, by financial provision, by the provision of goods, equipment, services, amenities or facilities or by any other means, or
- By a committee of the council, or
- Partly or jointly by the council and another person or persons, or
- Jointly by the council and another council or councils (including by means of a Voluntary Regional Organisation of Councils of which the councils concerned are members), or
- By a delegate of the council (which may, for example, be a Voluntary Regional Organisation of Councils of which the council is a member).