Provision of Information to Councillors and the Interaction between Councillors and Staff
The purpose of this policy is:
- To provide clear communication channels to ensure speedy provision of accurate information
- To recognize the particular circumstances of the council
- To provide a documented process on how councillors can access council records
- To ensure councillors have access to all documents necessary for them to exercise their statutory role as a member of the governing body of the council.
- To ensure that councillors receive advice to help them in the performance of their civic duty in an orderly and regulated manner.
- To provide direction on councillors' rights of access to council buildings.
- To provide a clear and consistent framework for the reporting of. And appropriate application of sanctions for, breaches of this policy.
- To provide for appropriate sanctions in the event of non-compliance.